PLG embraces phone outreach Lead Generation and its new role in the multi-channel marketing mix.
Lead Generation by phone enables a two-way conversation between people, which is what you need to:
- collect sales intelligence and profile prospects
- nurture and qualify leads
- reinforce and respond to touches made in other channels
- convert leads and close deals
The following are some of the examples of our winning campaigns.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery – Data cleansing of a cold call list, including formatting issues, identifying record status, uncovering new key contacts, verifying roles and adding referrals.
- Welcome Campaign- Welcome the prospect, educate them about the brand and offer to send them product information.
- Onboarding Campaign- Provide the prospect with any basic information about your company. Gather information which your company deems necessary for future requirements such as: missing email addresses, purchase information, key contacts in department, purchase dates, name of purchaser and name of the local distributor.
- Event Scheduling – Educate prospects in the 7-14 days leading up to a demo/event. Encourage and confirm their attendance.
- Promotional Campaign – Advise of a limited time offer made to nudge the prospect towards an upcoming sale.
- Re-engagement/Disqualified Lead Campaign – Reconnect with the prospects who may have “gone cold” to see if their interest has changed. Provide a benefit such as new product information and price discount to prompt their re-engagement.
- Product-Focused Campaign – Remind customers of how your products are addressing specific needs/popular issues while promoting a new product. Partner this campaign with email touch.
- Social Media Campaign-Follow up with prospects who clicked-on an ad and ask about interest.
- Webinar Follow Up Campaign- Reach out to customers who attended a webinar to see if they had any questions/or specific issues that they thought of after they digested the webinar. This campaign can also prompt a higher attendance at upcoming webinars.
- Trade Show Follow Up- Contact visitors to Fluke booth at trade show. Find out if they enjoyed the show, Fluke’s booth, and reason for attending trade show.
- No Contact Campaign- Follow up with leads from inside sales that they are unable to reach by phone/email. (Saves reps from having to continually chase prospects or have opportunities fall through the cracks)
- Obsolete Products- Inform customers about date for product obsolescence with focus on replacement product
- Certification/Standard/ Regulation Implementations-These new implementations/changes prompt increase in new product acquisitions.
- Software Updates- Notify prospects about upcoming software updates that will require new acquisitions/upgrades
- Feedback Calls- Calls requesting feedback from customers about a specific topic/product.
- Comparison/Cost Benefit Campaign- Calls to customers demonstrating that a contract per year/per membership is equivalent to the one-time payment they are currently paying or calls to customers demonstrating that the product they have now is costing them more than another model
VALUE ADDED RESELLER (VAR) CAMPAIGNS:
- Mystery Caller-PLG agents call distributors/resellers as customers with specific product questions for their client to see if the distributor is knowledgeable about the brand they represent. Gift card offered to distributor rep with correct responses.
- Preferred Vendor Campaign- PLG agents contact targeted distributors with a preferred vendor incentive if they sign up with brand.
- International Campaigns- Calls to countries outside the USA
- Email Consent/General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)- Calls to customers to verify consent to use their email address for sales and marketing purposes
- NPS Survey- Net Promoter Score Campaign that promotes customer experience and predicts business growth
- Sales Representative Requests- Sometimes sales reps will create small lists for PLG agents to call in incite their customers to attend an event or to inform them of a survey that will be coming to them by email.
- Marketing Surveys- These surveys usually target a customer’s shopping patterns, what they like about some products and what they don’t, new product feature ideas….